Friday, January 2, 2009

five, four, three, open sesame

Happy New Year!

Sorry, I couldn't help it, but I'd be willing to wager that most of you don't get the title anyway, so it really doesn't matter.

Umm, I know I just posted stuff a few days ago, but I couldn't turn down the chance to use that title that is wasted on the general populous, so I'm going to tell you all about my new year's eve adventures.

Ok, so I was aware of five activities to which I could have gone:
Dance at the tri stake center
Dance at the Red Mountain Institute Building
Masquerade dance somewhere in downtown Mesa
F1 Racing somewhere in Phoenix
Ice Skating at Polar Ice

Ok, you know me, do you think I wanted to go to polar ice or the racing thing? If you guessed "No," you can go ahead and give yourself a chocolate, because you're correct. I wanted to go to the dance at the tri stake center because it was only $2 and it's super close to my house, so Emalie and I carpooled and got there at 10:01, I remember because it's one of my favorite minutes. As soon as we sat down, a slow song came on and these two guys came up and asked us to dance. We decided that it was going to be a good evening.
Well, it turns out that from 10:01 to 1:00 (when the dance ended) there were only 3 slow songs played. It was kinda totally lame. The DJ would make a really good DJ for a club, but not so much for an LDS dance. Anyway, once Lowell showed up and I had someone to dance with to all the fast stuff they were playing, it was fun. He's all sorts of hyper now that he's not burned out from working like 100 hours a week for almost 3 years. I'm not sure I'll be able to keep up with him. Seriously.

After the dance, Emalie's friend Jolene invited us to go to her YSA advisers' house. We got there and everyone was playing guitar hero, and I'm still waiting for Musical Theatre guitar hero to come out, so I decided to go off with Emalie and Jolene and just talk. Some time around 3 we left to go home, Jolene with us because her car is being wonky so she needed a ride.

Instead of going home, we decided to go on an adventure. We went to the rez and Emalie took us to an old creepy graveyard. We were going to get out and take pictures, but then decided that that would be a bad choice, but it totally reminded me of something The Gifted Girls would do.

Then we went back to Emalie's house and took her dog for a walk. We just went around her neighborhood, but we talked about things that so many people are uncomfortable talking about. It was so much fun. After walking and talking for a while, we found ourselves back at Emalie's house. Now it was time to go home.

I don't know what time I got home, but I got a text that I was awake enough to read and remember reading at 5:01 AM. I crashed shortly after that.

So, that was my New Year's Eve, and the first few hours of 2009. It was totes enjoyable.
This is going to be a good year.

I also just put the pictures from December on my computer, so I'll have to upload them soon, but I need to go watch Monk right now, so toodles!

luv ya!

PS. I fixed the links from my last post, so now you should all go visit them.

1 comment:

Chelsea Robson said...

So I'm glad that I was able to show you all the fantastic things about links and such. It adds a whole other side to your blogs. :)