Sunday, May 24, 2009

Coincidence? I think not.

Let me tell you about what happened to me last week.
I would consider it a tender mercy; you can think whatever you want.

Last Tuesday I went to wal-mart to print pictures of my kids to give them on the last day of school, and to buy a box for Jenn's present, blush, and deodorant.

When I got home, I realized that the crazy check-out lady had put my four measly little items in 2 bags, but I only had one of them.

Which two items were missing?

Blush.
Deodorant.

I wasn't too concerned about the blush, I had only bought it because the pink I have right now is broken and basically completely gone, so I had bought a new one. The deodorant, however, was a problem. Now, the stick I had wasn't completely gone, but it was down to the plastic part on the bottom that looks like the bottom of an ice cream cone.

It was fairly late at night, and the insane amount of creepers that frequent wal-mart at night made me decide that I'd just use what little deodorant I had left, and buy a new stick on Wednesday.

Wednesday morning came, and I used my bottom-of-the-ice-cream-cone deodorant, just hoping that I wouldn't smell like a boy by the end of the day (which was a pretty big hope considering I had to work at the school, with three different recess duties, and go to the ranch where everything is hot and gross).

I got to work, feeling more self-conscious than necessary, since it was only 9:00 AM and so not disgustingly hot yet. Then I went to the talent show and all the kids were amazing or adorable. Then we went to recess. Oh. No. Here it came. I was going to sweat and start to stink.

But wait.

It still wasn't hot. My next recess duty came: still not hot. Surely this wouldn't last. My final recess duty of the day was from 11:05 to 11:20. I would definitely get gross then.

The weather was still really, really nice.

The day progressed and, although I did sweat a little bit while carrying things that were larger than I am all around the bar (including down the stairs--awkward), I didn't really smell very much.

I am thankful that Heavenly Father decided to let the weather be unusually cool for May 20th in Mesa on the day that I had very little deodorant available to me, despite my best efforts.


P.S. I bought deodorant after leaving the ranch. I now have two sticks at my house and one at Mom and Dad's house.

1 comment:

Anu Lal said...

Miss Brigette, I read your blog. And here I found one more instance where we find a miraculous intervention from an unknown presence... thank you for sharing this incident for the good world.
Agape, Anulal.