This month has been and will be very interesting. Let me give you a run-down (warning: my run-downs are very long):
- Mommy's birthday, which translates to "make the house look pretty" day. New paint, boxes moved out of sight, triangle thing in the front yard fixed-up, etc..
- I saw Little Shop of Horrors at Desert Vista High School beacuse my friend Meredith was in it, and Sean came with me. The play was good, but the highlight of the evening was that I finally felt like Sean was treating me like a friend again instead of an ex-girlfriend. It was really, really nice.
- Cameron got set apart as a missionary (I set up a blog if you'd like to visit it).
- I helped teach the Youth Council from a stake that isn't mine how to swing dance.
- Cameron left on his mission. : )
- Cameron left on his mission. :' (
- Lowell cancelled my dance lesson and made me go dancing, where I got to meet some of his friends.
- I went to Broadway Bound, and DIDN'T hear a billion Jason Robert Brown songs... well, I guess there were a few, but not as many as usual. It seemed like there were fewer songs that I'd heard 4,684,416,418 times, which was good.
- I went dancing and actually had a boy with me who could dance, so there wasn't any annoying waiting around thinking, "I hope someone asks me to dance," I just got to dance all night.
- I got an AWESOME cake from Ashleyface for my birthday.
- My kids all made me cards for my birthday.
- My mommy got me the coolest toothbrush ever for my birthday.
- Dan sang my voicemail a song from HSM for my birthday.
- Ryan has decided that he owes me ice cream since he was a failure as a home teacher and didn't know when my birthday was until after it had passed. I'll take theice cream, but I refuse to agree that he was a failure.
- I went to a party and pretended to play in the pool and be social.
- We had a nutritionist come to FHE tonight. I wasn't expecting to enjoy myself, but I really did.
- Mark and I started watching season 2 of The Office, so that he can catch up.
- Season finale/ 100th episode of The Office this Thursday, the 14th.
- Kindergarten is going on a field trip on Wednesday to the Phoenix Children's Museum.
- Kinder pizza party Thursday if we all behave while we're on the field trip.
- Subsitute on Friday, hopefully Ashlee will be my sub... we'll see.
- The last day of school is May 21.
- Tenth Kingdom movie day!!! May 22.
- Go up north somewhere to teach the rest of the youth from that other stake how to swing dance for their youth conference. I think I'm leaving Thursday the 28th and coming back Saturday the 30th.
- I'm on charge of the activity for FHE next Monday. I'm thinking paper airplane contest. If anyone has suggestions for different competitions we could have (longest distance, longest flight-time, prettiest, etc.) let me know.
Also, last night I set some goals for myself for this week:
- Read the Book of Mormon every night.
- Write in my journal every night.
- Be in bed by 12 every night except Fridays, and I'm allowed wiggle room on whatever night I have my lesson with Lowell. (Obviously I have already messed this one up, since it's way past 12, but whatever, there's always tomorrow.)
That's it for now. I'll post something more thoughtful in a couple days. I've had lots of thoughtful thoughts, I just forget them every time I open blogger. Oh, well.